Cost management and value engineering
Predictability and control of costs are essential principles for all organisations when planning and undertaking capital projects or programmes.
At Hughes & Associates we safeguard your commercial interests at every stage of the design, procurement and construction process to deliver a return on your investment.
- Achieving the necessary rate of return on the capital investment
- Implementing and demonstrating robust levels of governance through the project cycle
- Developing appropriate commercial and management strategies to manage risks
We offer cost planning and engineering, strategic sourcing and procurement, cost management, contract administration, dispute resolution, cost auditing and performance management and consultancy.
What you get our approach to cost management supports you across three critical areas:
- Management. We focus our resources and experience on achieving the best results from your investment and make sure that the design fully matches your needs and budget. We drive your commercial agenda and procurement strategies. Cost and risk performance is measured against targets and every opportunity for improvement identified.
- Governance. Helping you identify the best method of directing and controlling your project or programme, we establish the best delivery policy and define clear project accountabilities and responsibilities.
Assurance, verifying that performance consistently conforms to your commercial policy, process and practice. We address any risks and issues that arise, and if problems, discrepancies or conflicts occur we provide the solutions that will protect your interests.